Sunday, March 28, 2010

I understood...

...that they had been destroyed some time ago, burned, in fact. I wonder if the Sturgis family has any? I think Elinor may know what happened to them. I also understood from my mother that Mabel's "studio" over there on the rocks was built as a private spot for the two of them, or at least used as such. and I say, I'm happy for Aunt Pedge that she had a love of her life (if she did)

4 comments:

DougB said...

burned?
who took it upon 'themself' to do such a thing?
where'd you hear this, paua?

Meaghan Fowlie said...

That would be unfortunate indeed. Yet apparently Radcliffe has some that were deemed embarrassing enough to close to the public but not embarrassing enough to burn. I wonder that's in them!

DougB said...

I kinda get the feeling that it was the Radcliffe archives that, when released, got returned to family and 'family' burnt 'em?
Bella...
Elinor...
chime in here!

Ojala said...

Chiming in here too. If they were burnt it was after I saw 'em.