Saturday, March 15, 2008

NEED FOR ACTION

Everyone--we should all be contacting reps or Senators on the Armed Services Committee, Nancy Pelosi, anyone you believe may take action. Time is of the essence. Here's one story:

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/03/12/7638/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is a departure from custom, and so far this site has been blessedly free from non-family subjects.
However, "Operation Free Iran" may be about to begin despite numerous reasons not to attack, and that will affect all of us. Don't let it happen without making some protest!

Google "Attack Iran" and you'll find out more from many sources.

...(And if, in the end, the sky does NOT fall, this Chicken Little will be very happy and promises not to cry wolf again on this forum!)

----t h rive---- said...

i dub it okay for such feelings and/or announcements.

DougB said...

Sheesh... custom? After only a few weeks we have 'customs'?? We don't need no steenking customs!

It'd be more fun and appropriate 'here' if in future you would kindly mix more than just two mother goose metaphors together.

but more to the point, I agree with Torbs, a notice of this sort is most welcome... as long as it's more than just an ambiguous uncommented impersonal link or a cut'n'paste from some appeal or un-snopesed warning. jus my pinion.

I hate it when I don't know what I'm being asked to go read until I go out there (at molasses dialup speed) and find out it's nothing I'd want to read in the first place. But then again, which of us Gen4,5,6-ers would send us to a place like that!

----t h rive---- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
----t h rive---- said...

sorry, I got all distracted by the dial-up part. but I guess that's not the point.