Mark sent this to me because he couldn't access Gen 4 and more and nor could he cc this to everybody because I had hidden the names in the e-mail most of you should have received from me. (For some people I had only an old e-address, and the e-mail came back.)
For some reason the blogspot didn't even come up when I clicked it — I wonder if there's a technical problem or is there something about it (our family's liberal leanings perhaps ?) the Chinese want to censor so I can't bring it up from here in Beijing? :)
The earthquake is quite sad and scary — aftershocks apparently continuing as recently as yesterday — and sitting here in 19th floor office we felt it (actually a reaction to it — a smaller quake closer to Beijing) as the building swayed, making most of us queasy before we all evacuated. There are a lot of charity efforts ongoing, but otherwise everyone's back about their business here in Beijing. Where meanwhile mixed in with excitement and pride about China's coming out party, there is a growing uneasiness leading up to the Olympics, ie, what else can go wrong before or during the Games?
With love to all from the other side of the world!
Mark
1 comment:
Wowzer... how far away from szechuan(?), and still a shaking building!
I heard an NPR interview, Robert Siegel one-on-one with Yao, the basketball star, and kept expecting Mark to chime into the conversation.
Thanks for filling us in Mark, and sorry you can't see this... or maybe you can now? No idea why it wouldn't be blanked in China, other than the fact that you're Ibby's blood relation.[haha] But keep trying, perhaps it was a quake-related temporary electron delay?
Post a Comment