Hello everybody! I checked the blog today hoping that for some reason my feed reader just wasn't showing people's posts.. but alas, nobody replied to Hallie's question! Apart from my medium brother, who just added some punctuation.

So I'll do it. Where am I? I'm still in Ireland, living in Dublin and working in Naas, a small town outside Dublin. I finally got a job, I'm working as a geotechnical engineer. I was hired for a specific project looking at the underfloor infill of already-constructed houses, so there isn't much variety in what I do, but I get to go out to site quite often and look at rocks and do a few tests. After 3 months I'm still liking it (moreso right now because the one negative of my job - a certain colleague - is away on holiday!).
The next little while will be pretty busy, since I'll be moving apartments and going to Denmark to visit mother and mother's mother, and then finally going to Manch at the end of August when the kids all get to hang out!
Oh, I'll add a few photos because I've just learned how to..

This is the site's resident dog keeping me company while all the builders go away on their tea break.
Three pictures from a place called Culmullen. Paused to look at a map and take some pictures, because I was hopelessly lost coming home from my first solo site visit.
I hope others will update, I do like the idea of this blog!
1 comment:
heyheyheyyyy!!!
we northamericans have to struggle to come up with actual real gorgeous scenery... how unfair that you can sorta almost automagically create perfect picture postcards like that right out yer back door.
no.... *I*m not envious!
Post a Comment