... time for a new post to replace all those Thanksgiving pictures and stories.
I'm guessing that about 98.75% of us are pleased with the results of the 08 election, and are alternately thrilling and cringing as news of the days come and go.
Maine is having a plethora of snow, I guess the far northwest is getting much more than its usual allotment as well. I'm getting two to three good cardiopulmonary workouts every week, and my shoulders are getting some shape to them. Our fair city requires homeowners to clear the sidewalks down to the brick, and will fine us if we don't. We have another building dweller who handles one of the edges of our corner block, and we do the other. Twould be o so nice if the city balanced 'our' commitment to the sidewalks by keeping the street plowage from cresting the banks and refilling 'my' sidewalk, but no. Do other cities do this too?
Glimpsed warmer climes for a brief vacation, tho in NC it was down to high twenties at the end of last week visiting Lynne's daughter & family near Charlotte. Passed thru the Detroit airport on a leg home, it was well below zero there, made the high twenties back in Maine seem balmy... or was that just me?
So... let's hear more winter tales... and try not to be such a whiner like me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh yes I do still visit here every so often...
On the topic of snowy tales, Victoria broke some hometown records with 41cm of snow BEFORE Xmas. Since then we were visited by 1cm two weeks ago, and then the occasional 10C sunny day in which we took long strolls oceanside.
Random as always, I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more frosty days but the snow is mos.def behind us.
**I hear that oddly enough (or maybe not oddly?) Seattle has had several more snow days this winter?
mos def! that's good.
never heard his rappage (intentionally) but saw a movie he was in with bruce willis... '16 blocks' I think. He was goooood. so was willis, for a change.
Hi, All. I had a hard time finding this again because
there are other gen 4 and more blogs. Would it be
un-cool to change it to something easier to remember and less likely to be duplicated? like Sharksmouth or Manch or Tin Pan Lake or? (Tin Pan Lake, how about that? ... I'd even change my id back to Hallie!
Also, gens 5 & 6 are probably more computer savvy than some of us gen 4's now that some of us are getting a bit doddery, and there are more of them than there are of us on line, possibly. Or will be soon. Possibly.
Or not.
On the subject of Seattle snow days, yes Seattle had one snow day declared by the school district before there was any snow on the ground and in fact no snow arrived at all then so
a lot of grown-ups were not happy.
"...I had a hard time finding this again because... ... ...some of us are getting a bit doddery..."
a) I could find no other blogs called gen 4 and more
b) I'd be happy to change the name of it, but we'd have to go through the entire invitation thing again or folks'll get lost
c) that wouldn't be so bad, and might net us even more cousins
d) Paua's fine... I always pronounce it in my head "POW-UH!"
Post a Comment