Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MIT or UCLA?

Hello there, family.

So I'm currently trying to decide where to go to school. I'm going for a PhD in linguistics, and my choices are UCLA and MIT. I've visited both, and they're both lovely for their own reasons, and boy is it hard to choose.

One of the advantages for MIT is, of course, Manch, as well as several of you fine folks. On the other hand, I'm told some of your other fine folks are in LA.

Someone just tell me what to do!

~Meaghan Fowlie

3 comments:

DougB said...

you're seriously considering moving to a place where...
"...the only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light"...?
(name that author)

Maggie B. said...

Just so's you all know, Meaghan decided on UCLA. It was a very difficult decision for her, and, ultimately, either one would have been the right choice. I guess this way she'll see a part of the US that she doesn't know. Besides, we can go visit her in the dead of winter!

We're heading to Manch day after tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there!

Pandar said...

Yes, good choice! You go girl!