Saturday, February 9, 2008

About new posts...and passwords...

Everyone should note that there's a button top right for making a 'New Post' (like this one) and you can add photos, or text files within that post.

I set this blog up so that we'd all need a 'blogger account' and have to 'log in' with our username and password, since a few folks were concerned about public access. This is currently needed even if you only want to read. Personally I find it a drag to have to log in this way... it really slows the process down, and I would love peoples' comments in that regard. To me, this place isn't for deep personal confessions or naked pictures, so what's the fear?

I can remove the login procedure at any time, at which time those people who might not want to join as writers can at least see what this is all about. Maybe once they're comfortable they'll join the conversation as well!

5 comments:

DougB said...

Hah!
I had no idea who riprap was... it's John!
Same with 'K'... still don't know who, but likely a housemate of Lias's? It was a thrill to see pics of Lias. (this is what it's all about!)
Still don't know who Haraka is... I'm guessing Curt Fowlie?

Tom said...

Guess again! It's Tom [Gen 5] Halsted, from beautiful downtown Bellingham, WA.

Thanks, Doug, for getting this juggernaut up and rolling. I love my extended family, but I don't enjoy a full Inbox!

-T

Maggie B. said...

I see what you mean about it being a bit of a pain to get into. I'm not so concerned about protecting privacy as I am about avoiding spammers. I don't know if blogs have the same kind of problems as a few listserves I'm part of where we get garbage messages from time to time, and those listserves are moderated. I'd be OK with taking the protection off and seeing how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Thank u Doug for your efforts re. the blog.
I found I had to first log in as a "Guest" then create my log in account.
Anyway, we'll post some pics, etc.

Best to you & "the Family of Manch."
Jim (& Maggie) Masek

Meaghan Fowlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.