Saturday, February 16, 2008

Your opinions please

We're in the throes of shopping for a new vehicle. We've narrowed it down to Toyota Rav4 and Nissan Rogue. Does anyone have experience with either or both, and, if so, what do you like, not like, etc?

4 comments:

Tom said...

As a rabid Prius owner I'd say go with the Toyota. I never had better service on a car (or a better car, though Joy disagrees). Of course I'd really say go with the Prius, but I sense you want/need 4wd). OT

----t h rive---- said...

YA TOYOTA. I think the Nissan will come out as feeling fake.

Toyota just makes and sells so many they can't be wrong.

Maggie B. said...

Thank you both. We know the Toyota has lots going for it, HOWEVER, we resisted the "known" and ended up with the Rogue. It felt good to drive, was comfortable (on a car chassis), and Consumer Reports has not had an issue with Nissans in the last few years. It should serve us well on longer road trips. I hope we haven't made a mistake. We'll be picking it up on Wednesday. When it comes time to replace Alex's car, we'll probably be looking at the smaller, more fuel efficient ones like the Prius; we've heard of others who swear by them, too. We (or Curt) will be driving it east this summer.

----t h rive---- said...

the ROgue looks plenty cool.