
Well its another weather post; it is 75F in LA and too dang hot for a long sleeve shirt. It also makes the koi in the backyard pond hungry.
It occurs to me I don't know where lots of people are located, but if anyone wants sun we have a nice big house about 3 miles from Venice Beach and relatives are welcome to visit.
As an extra incentive on March 15 we are having a party (I turn 50) with free beer and free tacos plus my band is playing. Sorry, we stopped paying people to listen but we bribe them with food and drink. :-)
Mainly Geezer Rock. Any other musicians or is it the traditional artists and writers that the Hokinson culture seems to produce in droves.
(post examples of what you do in that front please)
5 comments:
I've actually been in several bands, 'new' rock and punk rock. Mostly covers. Names: 'Lost Fungus', and 'The Edgar Allan Hoes'. The Hoes were the most successful.
I still play bass (learning drums - if you could call that learning), but am into funk. Aw yeeea, funk. Haven't been in a band in several years though.
Now just a dang minute here!! No one that I babysat is EVER allowed to turn 50!!
Musicians are definitely allowed. I'm into several musical ventures: a choir that does anything from early music and madrigals to sacred masses, to folk stuff. We stay away from rock and roll.
I also play recorder - normally 4 different sizes - and am in the midst of rehearsing in a recorder orchestra. We'll be doing a concert in April "Music from the time of Shakespeare".
The other music thing I'm doing is hand bells, thanks to Shurcliffs. It puts your head in a completely different mode (musical pun - ha!); a good challenge.
I don't paint or write at all. Wish I could.
I just wanted to say...
a) very pretty photo, and the colors are right up Blogger's alley
b) happy upcoming birthday to you... happy upcoming berthday to you... happy upcoming burthday, dear Michael... happy upcoming birthday toooo yoooouuuuu!
c) that's the extent of MY musical offering, on any front!
Thanks everyone. The day is 3/15/08 and we are having a keg of Hemp Ale and a taco cart as well as the band. Its in LA if any one wants to come we have a place to stay as well....
Glad to hear there is some music as well as art in the family. So for Maggie I have to have another 49th ;-)
Cool thing about playing bass, you are so popular as everyone else wants the attention of playing guitar or singing...and once you master bass you have to teach the drummer what to do so drums is probably a quick study...
Post a Comment