Friday, February 8, 2008

In the beginning...

There was a vacuum. And not just any vacuum, it was a bagless vacuum. At first there was just one person... the person invited others to join. There was also a photograph in the beginning.



The photo was new, and it was good. Depending on your tude.
But whatever.

7 comments:

DougB said...

pretty lame start, but at least everything to follow will shine in comparison!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Doug,

I have been away from my computer since yesterday afternoon. And to my surprise when I checked my sharksmouth email, one of three email addresses I have (and which usaully has only 1 or 2 entries)I was surprised to see 28 messages.

I think this whole idea is great! And I beleive Greely and Harriot would be proud, too see their family reaching out to each other, no matter how many miles might be between them!

Thanks, Marianne and the professor (Loren what's to know if he is the professor).

riprap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie B. said...

Well, this looks pretty straightforward! Initially I had trouble creating an account, but eventually it worked.

I'm blown away by how this idea has taken off! Everyone wants to keep in touch and get to know each other. I'm thrilled! I agree with Marianne, that our ancestors would be pleased we're reaching out, but baffled by the technology. It's still not the same as all those letters they all wrote to each other, giving us a glimpse of their day to day lives.

So, what is everyone doing on a Friday evening? I just got home from a couple of hours of playing recorders with half a dozen like-minded recorder players here in frigid Edmonton. It is currently -27°C and it's been like that for nearly 2 weeks. Ugghh! On the other hand, we're very grateful that we are not in the midwest/south tornado belt that got struck so horribly last week. I hope none of you were directly affected by the destruction.

I think it would be great if Loren wants to be the professor. Actually, he looks a little bit like him. Don'tcha think?

Jenny M said...

Hi Doug et al,
I agree this is very cool.
I had previously written up a 2 page account of our current adventures, and was hoping there was some way to attach the word doc in such a way that someone who wanted to read it could, and the rest could easily ignore.... I haven't seen a place for attachments... I just looked at michael's wiki space http://sharksmouth.wikispaces.com/ and this was i guess more what i was imagining... where if someone wanted to check in on some other cuzn's life, they could find it. Not sure how labor intensive it is... More later...
Jenny

Tom said...

Off to a good start! Hooray!

Jenny M said...

Hi Everyone, I just went to the wikispace site michael set up: http://sharksmouth.wikispaces.com/ and joined so I could add my own page to the site. A bit of trial and error (I found the site quite forgiving) and voila! "The Morrisseys" is now a page under "updates on people".
I can see that for the non computer savvy, this might be difficult, but I am not web-savvy and managed OK. At the very least I think others would enjoy visiting this site if more people added pages. I don't know if it has a blog-like feature, its all new to me. ttfn ("ta ta for now" in IM speak)
Jenny