Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Profile modifying...

Anybody have any twubbles editing your profile? As 'admin' I could do my own no prob, and clearly some folks have been able to add photos etc no prob. Others not so much. Suggestions? Is the big 'Edit Profile' button, that *I* see, hidden to you non-admin peoples?

7 comments:

riprap said...

I can see it and edit it once signed in, but it is invisible otherwise.

DougB said...

Anyone with more expertise than I have is most welcome to make suggestions for how to add a 'recent comment' list that WORKS.

MIKE!!!!!!

DougB said...

By Jove... I think he's got it!

Tom said...

On the "dashboard" page you should see your picture and under it the line "edit profile" I too saw the big blue bar once, but never again. A mystery....There's also a help button on that page, which will tell you to click on the "edit profile" link under the picture space.

Old Tom

DougB said...

Tomous -
If your lil brother trusts you, perhaps you could get him to divulge his email address and his password, and you could try changing his profile for him. I'd ask him to tell me what those two confidential items are, but I'm just a whiny tiny cousin, not a wise elder brother.
p.s. I spelt your name that way to go with your wife's name!

Tom said...

Whiny, I'll leave it to lil bro to tell me his secrets but maybe he'll figure it out on his own. The instructions are confusing but there seem to be many paths to happiness / solution in Blogger architecture. OT

DougB said...

True, lots of ways to do things. Altho it did take some elbow grease and a friend or two to figure out the Recent Comments setup. You like?