Sunday, February 10, 2008

Welcome eldest and wisest of gen4!!!!

Hi Nell!
Glad to see you here.

I saw your comment at the bottom of another post... NObody should feel that only a comment is warranted, EVERYone has the right to write a new post, which sits at the top of the heap, very visible, instead of being buried out of sight.

Lynne & Scout & I just came from the Cornish caucus, at which a whopping 39 citizens turned out, and of our 3 Cornish dem delegates, 2 will represent Obama, the other Hill. It was 22 to 17, and some very valid reasoned arguments were presented on both sides.

2 comments:

Ojala said...

I caucused yesterday in Seattle. There were maybe a dozen precincts meeting in one school lunchroom, so standing room only. Of the 117 in my precinct, nearly 90 voted for Obama. End result: 4 delegates for Obama, 1 for Clinton. I've talked to folks who have heard Obama speak and I hear he is extremely moving, charismatic. Maybe I need to hear him speak too.

DougB said...

Lynne & I also went to the Dem caucus yesterday.
If we, and 2 friends we convinced, hadn't gone and voted for Obama, Hillary's proponents would've taken the day... or at least there would have been a deliberation for the rest of the afternoon trying to break a near tie, and perhaps that third delegate would've been dropped? It was the first time when *my presence* actually appeared to make a difference in an electorial outcome!